Get a Holistic Approach to Treating Chronic Illness with Naturopathic Medicine
We help you stimulate the body’s natural healing power and treat the root cause of disease.
Naturopathy, also called naturopathic medicine, is a holistic system that combines various therapies, including nutrition counselling, acupuncture, herbs, homeopathy, joint manipulation and mobilization, psychotherapy or counselling.
Naturopathic medicine is tailored to treats all forms of health concerns for all ages – from irritating symptoms to chronic illness and from the physical to the psychological. However, it is the approach, philosophy and training of naturopathic doctors that sets it apart from other forms of health care.
Its history dates back to the 18th & 19th centuries and was popular with individuals who wanted to incorporate a healthy diet.
The naturopathic philosophy is to stimulate the body’s healing power and treat the root cause of disease. For many patients, this difference in approach to health provides them with a new perspective and awareness. Patients have been finding tremendous benefits by addressing the root cause(s) of their disease and the appropriate use of therapies such as IV therapy, B12 injections, vitamin drips or dietary detoxification.
What makes our Naturopathy treatment unique?
When you visit Dr. Nav Dhindsa, our Naturopathic doctor, your session will start with a thorough history of your lifestyle, including diet, lifestyle habits, stress levels, and sleep quality, to get an overall picture of YOU that will enable him to treat YOU holistically. He will consider a variety of factors before offering a diagnosis or treatment. Things like mental and emotional state, diet, family history and environment all play a role in your overall health and well-being.
Working with you, our Naturopath will develop an overall treatment plan using various therapies based on the principle that they assist the body’s healing response and are often more effective when combined. Some treatments may include diet and nutrition guidance, immune support, homeopathic medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture, trigger point injections, IV drip nutrition, prolotherapy, prevention and lifestyle counselling to name a few.
For more information about Dr. Nav Dhindsa, please follow this link.
There are typically three types of patients that seek Naturopathy help:
- People looking for improved health and disease prevention strategies. Individuals who recognize that health does not just happen by chance — it is a lifelong process that involves a clear understanding of the factors that affect health and how to deal with them on a daily basis.
- People with a range of symptoms that they have been unable to address on their own or with the help of other medical practitioners.
- People who have been diagnosed with an illness and are looking for treatment options. Naturopathy is used extensively and effectively for patients looking to combine conventional and naturopathic treatments to minimize the side effects of drugs, surgery, or traditional therapies.
How naturopathic principles and beliefs differ from other practitoners:
- Self-healing: Identifying and removing obstacles to recovery allows for natural healing.
- Underlying symptoms: Rather than stopping symptoms, our Naturopathic doctor can resolve underlying physical or mental issues by treating the body, mind, and spirit.
- Safe treatment: Treatment plans are tailored to not have harmful side effects.
- Holistic approach: Our naturopathic doctor recognizes individuality to treat all aspects of a person’s health effectively.
- Self-education: You will be shown appropriate self-care.
- Prevention: It is good to remove toxic substances from a lifestyle to prevent problems from arising.
Will Naturopathy Work for My Condition?
Naturopathic medicine is used for a wide range of health issues. Some of the more common ones include:
- Headaches & Migraines
- Fertility issues
- Hormone therapy
- Food intolerance
- Digestive problems
- Chronic pain
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- High blood pressure
- Sleep disorder
- Immune support