BIOFLEX COLD LASER NORTH VANCOUVER
Cold laser therapy, also known as low-level laser therapy (LLLT), is a safe and pain-free way to treat injuries and many musculoskeletal conditions. This technology speeds up the body’s natural healing process through a cascade of complex physiological reactions; this results in increased cellular regeneration, increased ATP (energy) production, and the release of endorphins (the body’s natural pain killers). This therapy is curative, resulting in improved joint mobility, reduced inflammation, and ultimately eliminating symptoms such as pain.
Laser Therapy does not heat or cut tissue, unlike high-intensity lasers. Many pharmacological treatments mask pain or only address the symptoms of the disease. Laser therapy treats the underlying condition or pathology to promote healing. This means that the treatments are effective and the benefits of Laser Therapy are long-lasting.
Read more about the difference between class 3b and class 4 laser.
The Benefits of BIOFLEX® Cold Laser Treatments at Active Therapy in North Vancouver
- Eliminates pain
- Reduces the need for pharmaceuticals
- Restores normal range of motion and physical function
- No known adverse effects
- No drug interactions
- Often makes surgical interventions unnecessary
- Provides a treatment alternative for patients that have not responded to conventional therapies
The Physiological Effects of BIOFLEX® Cold Laser Treatments
Increased production and release of:
- Endorphins – natural analgesics
- Cortisol – a precursor of cortisone
- Growth hormone – instrumental in tissue repair
- ATP – improves and regulates cellular metabolism
- Increased protein synthesis – collagen, DNA, fibroblasts
- Venous and lymphatic flow facilitated
- Increased angiogenesis – elevation of oxygen saturation
- Enhanced immune response, etc.
BIOFLEX® Cold Laser sessions are frequently used to treat the following conditions:
- ligament and tendon tears
- muscle strain
- degenerative osteoarthritis
- rheumatoid arthritis
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- tennis/golfers elbow
- rotator cuff injuries
- herniated disc
- TMJ syndrome
- skin problems like dermal ulcers
- traumatic lesions (burns)
- hip/knee replacement recovery
For more information about Bioflex Cold Laser, please visit Bioflex web site.